Cream Yogurt Cheesecake
Crust and Crumb Topping
- 17 sheets of graham cracker sheets crushed
- 8 tsp unsalted butter melted
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 8 oz full-fat cream cheese
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Sour Cream Topping
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ cup full fat sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F
- Spray a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the graham crackers to a blender or food processor, pulse until fine crumbs. Pour the crumbs into a bowl.
- Add melted butter and a bit of kosher salt. Press half of the crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan, and bake for 15 minutes until the crust is golden brown. Reserve the rest of the crumbs for the topping.
- Mix the combination of the cream cheese and sugar. Beat until the cream cheese is lighter, about two minutes. Add the yogurt, eggs, vanilla extract and kosher salt. The batter is going much thinner than a traditional cheesecake. Bake until the center is just about set; 45-50 minutes. Allow the cake to cool for at least 1 hour.
- Whip heavy cream in mixer and add granulated sugar. Beat until you’ve reached soft peaks. Add the sour cream to the bowl. Use a rubber spatula to gently fold the sour cream into the whipped cream by hand. Spread on top of the cake.
- Add the reserved crumbs to the top. Chill the cake for at least one hour before serving it.