Beer Mac & Cheese
- 1 package elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup amber beer
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tsp minced chives
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cook macaroni according to package directions
- On the stove, melt butter over medium-high heat
- Add garlic; cook and stir for one minute. Stir in the flour and salt and pepper until smooth
- Gradually whisk in the milk, beer and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for two minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat. Stir in two cups cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese and one tablespoon Parmesan cheese until melted.
- Add chives.
- Drain macaroni; stir into sauce.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.
- Top with crumbled bacon.
Let stand for five minutes before serving.